Vocab is at the bottom of this page!
- Create with language! Write and illustrate your own story using your vocabulary. (Two day project). Print the page below (writeastory.pdf) if you don't want to make your own storyboard.
Third Grade. Along with our storytelling method, we use the following core vocabulary and the top 100 high-frequency word list to teach real language skills. The result is that students comprehend much more than these simple word lists. Output, or spoken and written language, are a result, but certainly not the emphasis in the early years, just as all of our first language experiences. This year we begin stories about a crazy cat named Gabi. Students begin to read more in 3rd grade.
Great website to explore, amigos! http://www.atozkidsstuff.com/spain.html
PLEASE STOP HERE - CONTENT BELOW IS NEW AND NOT TO BE INCLUDED IN ACTIVITIES.
1. el viernes = on Friday
2. el amigo = the friend (who is a boy)
3. la amiga = the friend (who is a girl)
4. la muchacha = the girl
5. es inteligente =s/he is intelligent
6. es bien criada = she is well-mannered
7. es bien criado = he is well-mannered
8. el examen = the test/exam
9. la escuela = the school
10. la nariz = the nose
11. ¡Qué vergüenza! = What shame!